Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 1, 2008

Are YOU Handicap? THEN DON'T PARK THERE!!

Today I braved the world of tax-free Friday. It was ok. I got most, if not all of our school supplies all in one trip. Total cost for supplies was $59 tax-free and that was for 3 kiddos. Total cost for 3 pair of kiddo shoes at Payless was $51 tax-free. Not bad considering my oldest has to wear adult shoes! I am only missing 6 "fat" pencils for my son, some paper towels and a couple things of hand sanitizer.

Normally, I park in the back of the parking lot and walk because, well, that is how we get our exercise. Walk in the stifling heat as far as you can and sweat off those calories! Today, however, we went to Target and our Target is being renovated so the parking lot is not big AT ALL. So, I just chose the parking spot that was open and it just happened to be right up front...next to the handicap spot. When we went to leave, I got in the car and let it "cool off" for a minute and glanced up after looking at my steals. I spotted a van with a permanent handicap symbol on it so I decided to watch and see who would get out. Normally I do not give a rat's butt, but I was super curious because this van was covered in those car magnets, most of which were sports related. Like: "Cheerleader" "Soccer MOM" "Team Parent" "Baseball Mom"...stuff like that. I waited and watched. In the mean time ANOTHER van with a similar license plate pulled up. I am sitting there thinking to myself that maybe, just maybe it will be a mom with a handicap child or maybe the mom is handicap or carrying a cane or helping out one of HER parents or something like that. Yeah, no. The door opens and out jumps this healthy, skinny, young lady and 3 kids, all of them obviously NOT handicap. No grandma, no wheelchair, no cane. UM, HELLO? Park somewhere else and WALK!!! Leave the handicap spot for someone who actually needs it! Especially when, two spaces down there were like 5 spots open!!! AHHH!

I continue to sit and watch because it is taking van #2 quite a while to get out. This one HAS to be handicap of some sort. I wait. And from the back of the car my kid asks "Momma, what are we doing?" and I say "People watching" and continue to stare at van #2. While waiting for van #2 to open up and get out, a third vehicle pulls in next to me. It's two really young ladies in a Cadillac with one of those hanging handicap signs. I watch THEM get out. Are THEY handicap? yeah. right. About as handicap as a kid in a candy shop. Douche bags! I wanted to get out and yell at them! Completely appalled by this time I am still holding out for van #2. The occupant is STILL inside so they just HAVE to be handicap. OH! WAIT! The door is opening! They are stepping out! Is that a cane? A walker? Oh HELL no! Chick was on her cell phone and still is!!! Ain't nothing wrong with HER either!!! What is WRONG with people these days?!?! I swear! No wonder I see all these old people driving around the parking lots over and over and over again! It's because all these young people are taking up their parking spots using their grandma's cars!!!

Anyway, I won free ice cream today over on Tale of a Kansas Girl. I've never won anything before so that was kinda cool to win yummy ice cream! Tomorrow is Survey Saturday so look for something good to come from me if I can find something fun and flavorful! I also made some yummy goulash that I want to post the recipe for so look for that soon as well. I have been a slacker, I know. There's alot for me to catch up on! HA! But this is all for now.

TTFN

3 comments:

Polly said...

Um guilty lol! When I was a dumb ass teenager I drove a car with handicap tags and parked in handicap whenever I could. Oops:)
I would never do it today but I did do it back in the day!

Ronnica said...

Ugh. Those parking spaces are for those that need them, not their able-bodied family/friends when they aren't around.

Congrats again!

Unknown said...

I like your blog. There are some really interesting articles featured by our experts on the bizymoms Norfolk community experts page.