Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Pesky Pest" Product Review

Living here in good 'ole Virginia there is quite a bit of water or "sources" of water lurking EVERYWHERE. In our backyard we have a pool for the kiddos and a pool for the doggies. We have to empty the pool for the doggies every other day because of pesky pests known as mosquitoes. YUCK! Now the big pool is treated with chemicals so THOSE pesky pests do not enjoy the big pool but another pesky pest, known as the fly, does. So, in our wonderfully comfy back yard oasis we have, or rather HAD, two of THE MOST annoying pest known to man. The mosquito and the fly. Let us add to the fact that we also live about 20 minutes from the ocean, 5 minutes from the nearest stagnant water source AND we have animals that poo in the yard and we have a haven for those pesky pests!

On a journey one day to my local home improvement store I was looking for a solution to my mosquito problem because my giant lab had become severely allergic to their bites and vets had not come up with a flea, tick AND mosquito prevention at that time yet. Anyway, I asked the Man-in-the-Blue-Shirt for some help and he directed me to the insecticide isle and to the best product ever to hit the shelves! Cutter Bug Free Backyard!! You just spray this stuff on your lawn and in an hour or so your yard is "bug free" from those pesky mosquitoes for "up to 4 weeks"!! Now, I buy at least 4 bottles to keep us stocked for the summer.

My next find was actually introduced to me after a "playdate gone bad". Yes, I shall explain. HAHA! I hosted a few friends and their kiddos for a playdate before we had our big pool installed. It was a nice, summer day and we set up a small, kiddie pool on the deck and just let the kids play while us "adults" chatted it up under the umbrella outside. Everyone brought something to share and we kept it inside but left the door open so people could go in and out as they pleased. I was HORRIFIED to see that as soon as we opened up the food, it was attacked assulted by flies! We covered up what we could but the kiddos kept uncovering things and not covering it back up. BLAH! GROSS! One of the ladies was trying to feed her little one a banana and flies were just hovering all over the poor baby and its banana! I was soo embarrassed I wanted to crawl up into a ball and DIE! After everyone left I had to buy fly paper and a fly swatter to kill all those pesky pests that were left over in my home.

The next day I called my BFF and told her of my misfortune at my first and probably last playdate. She stops me mid-story and says "OH! I have something for you! It stinks to high heaven but works like a charm. If you want it, I'll bring you one to try." So, she brought one over and yes, it stunk to high heaven and all the way down to hell and back but all be damned if it didn't work! Of course the flies were still attracked to the sweet stuff, but not so much that it is totally overwhelming. We used to have to put something over our sodas, ice tea, beer, food, ANYTHING we took outside. Now we can take anything outside as long as we use this thing! It is AWSOME! OH! You want to know what it IS?! My bad! It is the Rescue Disposable Fly Bag!! All you do is add water and tie it somewhere FAR FAR away from where ever you sit outside and it attracks the flies into the bag. When it is full, well, you will know it. We can always tell because the fly poplulation around US increases and THOSE pesky pests ARE attracted to our pool, checmical or no chemical!

So, I still host playdates and BBQs pretty much bug free thanks to Cutter Bug Free Backyard and Rescue Disposable Fly Bag. You can fo sho tell the difference when the backyard needs a spray or when we need a new bag! I hope some of my blog friends can benefit from MY success with these awsome products!!

TTFN!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the idea on the knobs for the desk....I am definitely going to be on the search for something fun!

My husband was in the Navy for 6 years and we were stationed in Virginia for a short time! We weren't there for summer time though so never had to deal with all the flies and mosquitos! Sounds like they get pretty bad...yikes! Glad you found something that works!

Ronnica said...

Thanks for adding me...I'll be adding you to my reader so I can comment back. =)

CrystalChick said...

Okay, well I can't use those fly bags in the house... bummer! We have so many of them in here that I've begun giving them names!