Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, September 15, 2008

Where Did Mama Roho Go?

You want to know where I went? Well why not head on over to Lulaville and ask Lula! Why? Because it is HER FAULT that I am busy READING instead of blogging. What am I reading? Hmmm...Again, I point you to a blog that I read over in Lulaville titled "The End". After reading it I truly hesitated, reread and then went about my business for the day. After reading it, every damn bookstore I went into reminded me of that blog post. Every eBay auction I ran across, every Amazon page filled with the memory...so I broke. I bought it. And then I let it sit in the bag for a few days because I had to finish a Stephen King book first. It was good, although the title totally slips my mind at this moment.

On the night of the first reading I promised myself I would finish the last 64 pages of my King book and then just read the first chapter of this "Crackliture" as everyone was calling it. I finished the SK book and off to pick up the crack I went. I didn't know what to expect from a book I found way too easily at WalMart. (It seemed to call out to me and it was on sale...bonus.) I'm not much into vampires and werevolves nor am I into books about them but I decided that since there were so many people out there that ADORED Edward and Bella that I would give this book a chance.

That night, as I fumbled my way through the meth, I found the story to be just as addictive, if not more, than what everyone had said. I made my way to the 1/2 way point before I realized that Chapter one was a thing of the past. I was on a high and couldn't put the book down but I knew I HAD to sleep because I HAD to get up in the morning and get the hoodlums off to school so I could have my quiet time with my book. OH DAMN IT! My husband was still home all week long. No quiet time unless I stole myself away to the bathroom. I faked a stomach virus JUST to get some quality Edward/Bella time.

So, I finished Twilight in about 4 days which is a record for me. I went out on a hunt for a paperback version of New Moon and Eclipse and could only find New Moon so I grabbed it. (Sticking to paperback because it is easier to tote along with me.) Since Balla left for deployment I have had too much time on my hands and I have made it 3/4ths of the way through New Moon. Yes. I am addicted. It IS my crystal meth. My crackliture. My new drug. The Twilight Series. What will I do when it is all gone? Come blog again?! Oh my. I guess I will just have to wait for the movie so I can critique it against the book.

Thanks Lula. Thanks for getting me hooked on crack. :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lula! said...

Oh wow...this made me happy on soooooooooooooooo many levels. It's amazing how one book (OK, the four in the series!) can be so good...so obsessive...and draw so many people into its glory.

Told you it was good. Glad you trusted me.

I love Edward.

And we must discuss this some more, please.

Polly said...

I'm going to get the Twilight books today too! After hearing so much about them I want in on the fun!