Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Teachers, No More Blowpops!

I was trying to finish one of my addictions (Days of Our Lives, Tuesday Edition) on DVR when I heard a "Don't tell momma" and then a scream. So I pressed pause and yelled from my lair for the screamer to come hither. Well the scream turned into a cry with real tears and here comes little man. He's holding his neck and says "It hurts really bad" and I couldn't tell what the heck hurt so bad to make him throw the complete fit he was throwing at the moment. (He was jumping up and down, crying and screaming holding his neck!) I thought for sure he had hurt himself good until he tried to take his hand away and it kinda stuck there for a second. Then I saw it. Gum. Ugh. All the times I have said "Keep that sh!t in your mouth!" and now the kid has it literally wrapped around his neck! (Later he tells me "I was wrapping it around and around like a necklace" WTF?!?!) And it is stuck pretty good to his skin and in his hair so that is why he is throwing a fit saying it hurts really bad because it's stuck to his tiny neck hairs and it was in his hair. So I got some ice and the scissors and went to getting the gum out. Here's a few pics of the "drama"...

Gum on the side of his neck. You can see the tiny bits in his hair...
Photobucket

Gum all in the back of his hair. It was worse in person, trust me...
Photobucket

I ended up cutting the bottom of his hair because he was SCREAMING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL when I iced down his neck to pull off the gum from his skin. If only I had clippers...

Photobucket
There was gum on both sides of his neck, but I didn't think about the camera until I was done with one side...look at how red his poor neck was.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I didn't get it all because he wouldn't hold still and when I was just about done I saw him pop something in his mouth. I was like what was that? And he goes "My gum" I took it from him and threw it in with all the hair and gum pieces. Ugh. Boys!!!

P.S. He got the gum from a blowpop he got from his teacher for "being good". I can't imagine.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

Good stuff on so many levels!

1. DOOL! Do you dislike robo-voice John? I do, but I am willing to bet that sex with Robo-John has to be better than the sex with plain-John. 'cuz of the intensity, I'm just guessin'

2. Reward for being good? Why? Because that isn't how it works in the real world.

CrystalChick said...

OMG, I'd so have to plan a little something for back-to-school night. Do you have those? Ours is tonight.
Anyhoo, funny stuff, I haven't had to get gum out of hair for a long time now. Won't my daughter love me when 'Mimi' gives little Alex a 'reward' sometime..... LOL

Lula! said...

Oh my head, this was so funny. OK, I know it was funny for you at the time...but doesn't it feel funny today, at least? And I love that you took pictures of all the drama...you are so my kind of people!

J'Ollie Primitives said...

just in case there's a next time for the gum in hair episode ~ try peanut butter.

which brings up the question...is gummy hair or peanut buttery hair worse?