Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Jayson Alexander!

Today is my little man's birthday. He turned 5yrs old today. We sent him off to Kindergarten today as well. He went in all by himself telling us: "I can do it, I'm 5!" It was bittersweet as it was my last to go to school, my last first day of kindergarten, my last little man. :( I didn't cry though. Hesitated, but didn't cry. Anyway, we had a birthday party for him over the weekend and Mrs. Paruser and I showed off our baking and decorating skills. I decided I was going to bake Jay a HUGE cupcake. THAT was the easy part! The steps that followed were the hardest and required the heads of two totally stressed out women whose men are about to deploy! HA! Can somebody say bring on the crack pipe! LOL! We had fun though and here are the results of our masterpiece...



Nice, isn't it? We thought so. And I don't like chocolate cake AT ALL but I used Devil's Food cake mix and that stuff is DEVINE! Soooo moist!!! The day of the party we got super creative with the decorating, but all in all we were pleased and so were the kids, especially Jayson.

Well, now my big boy is 5 and in school. Pretty soon he will be 15 and cursing me, playing loud music and ignoring my commands so I guess I should enjoy him while I can at 5. Here are the back-to-school pics I took. The first is the one of him in his way-too-big-for-a-5-year-old back pack from LL Bean and the second one is of all of my hoodlums in front of their school.



To all you moms out there, Happy Back-To-School Day!

2 comments:

Polly said...

Aw Happy Birthday Jayson! Sorry we couldnt make it to the party. We went to NC for the weekend. I'm sending a card in the mail today:)

Pam said...

Hope he had a great day! And I feel you on the...not needed thing! Sorry we missed the party! Bright side, Caitlin's room got done! YAY!!!