Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, October 10, 2008

Friends...

Have you ever wondered if you were good enough to be someone's friend? Have you ever wondered why you put so much time into your friends just to get nothing in return? Have you ever taken a step back to look at your "list" of friends and wonder if your life would even sputter if certain people weren't in it? I have. Many times. I am doing it now. There are people friends in my life that I think I could just never talk to ever again and they either wouldn't care or wouldn't notice! How sad is THAT? I put forth the effort and get NOTHING, why should I? I am SICK of always "being there" yet when I am in need of someone to be there for me, everyone disappears! I must bitch WAY too much! Imagine that. Me, bitching too much!

I have a friend that I have known for almost 4 years now. I USED to tell this friend EVERYTHING about my life and she did the same. We talked and texted daily and if someone wanted to know where one of us was, they asked one of us because we always knew. I was there for her through some pretty rough times including her decision to have an abortion and a really horrible breakup with her boyfriend that landed ME on the phone for days on end, hours at a time, listening to her cry, bitch, get mad and then get drunk. She moved before all that and since then has visited a few times. During her visits she usually gets wasted and talks shit, hits on my husband (he loves it, no harm, no foul), becomes beligerant to the both of us and the next day acts like nothing happened. She NEVER remembers being a jerk just that SHE visited. That's fine, I get over it and we continue on with our relationship as always.

So, I haven't talked to her in a few months. She is usually the first one I call when I have a problem or if I need to cry but this time, when I found out about my heart problems, I didn't call her. I called Mrs Paruser because she has pretty much taken the place of the friend that moved away. Instead, I messaged her and asked if she could call me when she had a free hour and she said she would, today, Friday, in the afternoon after she got out of class. Well here it is, 10:15pm and the beloved friend has not called. Has not texted to even say "sorry, I lost track of time". Has not even messaged me to apologize and I GUARENTEE she won't. She probably forgot and will remember in a few days and will finally message me and say she will call when she gets a free minute. Well what the hell about all the free minutes I didn't really have when she had boyfriend troubles? And when she got done with her procedure? How about whenever we talk the conversation always ends up going to her. It is like she always has it worse than me and really, I would give anything to have her life at her age.

So I guess I am just tired of being put on the back burner all the damn time and that is why I have written off so many people friends in my lifetime. If I'm not put on the back burner, I am being back stabbed. Either way, I guess it is time for me to "watch my back" and start making another "hit" list.

TTFN,


Photobucket

4 comments:

Ryan and Kim said...

That made me sad when you told me about that Saturday. I hope you have a good time with the people you DO enjoy. Thanks for making Sat so great!

CrystalChick said...

I think you are totally good enough to be someone's friend. That person you spoke of really isn't good enough right now to be yours though. You tried, it didn't work out the way you would have hoped, and you really did give alot of yourself. So unfortunately, you probably should just move on. Maybe when she realizes what you did for her, and that she hasn't been there for you she'll make amends but if not, that's okay too. I think you'll meet new people and make other friendships!

I have a couple girlfriends I talk to every day, but usually only in email. I have other ones who I see occasionally and we catch up as if there were no time in between. We understand that our lives are just different and can't hang out much like we used to. But for anything serious, we'd be there for each other.
And then there are just aquaintances who I like to chat with now and then for different reasons but wouldn't go to them for anything specific.

Hope you have a nice week. There's a link on my blog today for nice pictures and sayings. Check it out! :)
Peace, M

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about this. This has happened to me, too many times in my life...friendships eventually desolving. It's never easy and it always leaving you to wonder exactly what the heck happened!

I met a fabulously wonderful friend a few years ago that has taught me SOOO much about friendship. The best lesson I learned is about how some friendships are in our lives for a season. Then there are the lifelong friends that withstand every up and down. It was VERY hard for me to really 'get' this until I realized that when my (what I thought) was a life long friend suddenly became the bottom of my list friend. BUT after that all happened, I found out in order for an EVEN BETTER friendship to enter my life, I had to make room.

Since then, I've seen friendships totally different. Not saying that this is YOUR lesson...totally not trying to come off that way...hope it's not. Sometimes I get tangled in how I try to say things. lol

It sucks when something like that happens. Again, I'm so sorry. I'm just hoping that there is someone around the corner that is going to knock your friendship socks off!

Thanks for stopping by my blog last Friday when I was featured on SITS. I just got back in town and I'm enjoying getting back to all the bloggers! Your blog is fabulous! Can't wait to come back again! :)

~melody~

jori-o said...

Okay, my bday is coming up soon too and there must be something about us scorpios...I feel SO MUCH the same way you do.

It's hard to find (and KEEP) good friends