Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Saving Money, Going Crazy

This weekend the hubs and I decided that we were going to go ahead and cut out some things in our lives that we don't "need". Some of these things we don't really "use" and some of these things we have exchanged for other things. We have decided to rid our lives of the awful burden of a $100+ cable bill! Go head and show me your bug eyes! Yes, $100 is the amount we shall save a month cutting out the cable. We will add Netflix for a mere $8.99 a month so we can stream movies and other things on our TV via the Wii, rent movies and watch them on our DVD player and watch our other shows and the such via Hulu and FanCast. Both offer streaming video of all your favorite TV shows, soaps, some movies, etc., and it is...now hold on to your britches, everyone...FREE!!!! WOO HOO! I love me some free! Right now our Netflix is on a free 31-day trial while we decide if it is what we want, but the hubs thinks it is a cool deal. We have watched a few movies as a couple and as a fam via the Wii and I got him all set up on Hulu today. I think once he sees that he can watch his shows whenever he wants and sees just how much moolah we are saving, he will think it is just as cool as I do...maybe.

The next thing on the list was the house phone. It costs right around $16 a month plus whatever the kids use in long distance. So, we decided to "add a line" to our cell plan. We get unlimited any cell to any cell, 1500 anytime minutes that the hubs and I never use because everyone we know uses a cell (FREE calls!!)so all the minutes would be for the kids to call their friends since our family has cell phones and that would be FREE! (There's that word again!! LOVE IT!) Anyway, to add a line, it is a straight up $19.99 a month, no extra fees and since we already had an extra phone I didn't even have to buy one. I activated some security features on the phone that it already had on it like disabling data, limiting the number of numbers they can call and locking texting so they CANNOT TEXT!!

All in all, I think that we are going to end up saving a total of $116 per month, that makes it $1,392 per year! Heck yeah! WOO HOO!! Guess I'll have to sneak it into a Christmas fund or maybe even into the Scottrade...WTC was I thinking?!?! Christmas fund it is!


Photobucket

No comments: