Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Can You Remember This ONE Thing, Please?

I'm scared. In two weeks from today, Saturday, July 12th, it will be my 5th wedding anniversary. Over the past month I have drilled mentioned a few times the date to Balla with the hopes that he will remember and do something special. I'm afraid he is going to forget. Forget like he forgot Mother's Day or the few other things he's forgotten over the past year. I'm afraid of getting my feelings hurt because this time it will hurt worse than it has hurt in a long time and I don't want to feel that way again. He's a great guy, really, and I love him with all my heart and soul, but forgetting something this big even a great guy with a shitty memory needs his legs broken with a baseball bat to see someone "special". He would definately deserve everything I threw at him...words and all.

I go all out for him. I should be the man. I know what he likes and dislikes in pretty much every facet of his life but when it comes to me, he knows nothing and does not take the time to even ask. Five years is a long time to be married and still not know what a person's likes and dislikes are to the point where you cannot go out and buy them something without asking.

What would I do? What would I say? How in the hell would I recover if he forgot such a milestone in our life especially since this is the anniversary that we have discussed, in detail, for the past few years? We have been through SO MUCH over the past 5 years that I am hoping, praying (which I do NOT pray) that he remembers. To forget would be a tragedy and just might put me over the edge that I have been teetering on now for the past few months. Mother's Day was one thing, not bringing back anything from deployment, trivial (a shot glass????) and just not doing anything at all for me for the past 2 YEARS for my birthday...I just hope he remembers OUR day.

I'm not a hard person, really. I don't ask for much. But I do ask that you remember me...when it's important.

TTFN,

Mama Roho

2 comments:

Polly said...

I hope he remembers!

I do miss you I'm glad you caught my oh so suddle way of saying it;)

Pam said...

I really hope he remebers sweetie! I know if he doesn't it will suck! I am in the same boat with you! I great husband..he just doesn't always think about stuff like this!