Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Seven Things Sunday

Because I have been slacking, I decided to steal a meme from my girl over at Diapers and Wine. It is 7 Things from Your First Month of Motherhood. Go grab a tissue because you are going to cry...from laughing so freakin' hard!

1. I became a mother the first time in January 1999. I flew home when Syd was just under a month old. From sunny San Diego to cold and snowy Ohio with a colicky infant, alone, non-stop and I forgot the formula and forgot to bring a winter coat for my newborn. Needless to say my mother thought ahead for me and was waiting at the airport with a winter coat and a warm bottle.

2. Syd was only 2 days old and she again, needed some formula because I ran out of the stuff from the hospital. (Had to supplement because she was a HUGE kid!) I knew I wasn't supposed to drive, but I was home alone, again, and really needed the formula. Off to Target I went. About half way through my 10 minute shopping trip I realized I really needed to "go" and thought I could hold it. Well, I couldn't and shat myself right there in line at Target. All I could do was stand in line and laugh my ass off.

3. My baby fit in a clothes basket softened with a pillow, slept in said clothes basket for the first month of her life because it was more convenient for me to keep her close while I cat napped on the couch between feedings.

4. I fell asleep with my baby on my chest while breast feeding only to awake to her on the floor...sleeping soundly. I'm a baaaaadddd mom!

5. Colic is just another word for bitchy baby, seriously. My kid screamed her head off non-stop for like the first 7 months of her life unless she was stuffing her face! And the doctor called it colic. WTF? How many different types of milk ARE there in this world?! I know which ones smell the worst that is FO SHO!

6. I lost all my baby weight and then some. (Mind you, I now have 2 more children so that is NOT the case!!)

7. When you decide to QUIT breastfeeding, DO NOT take a warm shower! Them bitches just start flowing alllll over again!!!

I hope you all enjoyed my little meme today. I am not going to tag anyone, but if you read this, go ahead and do it. Just for fun! Have a great week. I might be back later. :)

TTFN,

Photobucket

1 comment:

CrystalChick said...

OMG that is some funny stuff. LOL My Dad once fell asleep with my sister on his lap and she was dumped on the floor. Explains alot actually. ;)

My daughter is 24, my son 15 and I have still not lost the weight. LOL I think I gained extra weight for her when she was preggie with my grandson.
It's been too long to remember that many things from ... uh... 1984. But I enjoyed reading yours!

How is everything going? Hope you are all well.